Hey there! It’s me, Sara Lleverino (pronounced Yeh-veh-ree-no). The double L makes the Y sound like tortilla. I’m the owner of Sara Lleverino Photography, although I’m sure you guessed that .
I just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a wedding and portrait photographer from South Ogden, Utah. I was born in Fort Ord, California (Monterey area) and grew up in Kearns, Utah, which some would call “the hood.”
I’m married to Felix Lleverino. I call him fix–it-Felix because he’s super handy and also, well, his name is Felix . We have four kids that are our whole world. I’ts so hard to remember life without them. They make me crazy and bring me the greatest joy I’ve ever known .[/aux_col][aux_col][/aux_col][/aux_row]
I worked as a web developer for almost 20 years before quitting that full-time gig to stay home and raise my kids. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, and it requires a lot of financial and mental sacrifices, but I feel like I’m doing the right thing. However, I’ve never been content to do nothing, so I couldn’t give up photography. Also, I teach user experience design (UXD) and photography classes up at Weber State University.
Falling in Love With Photography
My love for photography started back when I got my first digital camera when I graduated college. It was a top-of-the-line Nikon with 2.1MP. Go ahead and laugh. It seems so ridiculous now that even our cell phones are equipped with way more than that.
Anyway, I was able to take as many photos as I wanted without the cost of film and developing which allowed me to experiment. I remember taking a photo of my steering wheel and feeling so artsy . I started taking portraits and then doing some family and friend’s weddings and the rest is history.
My Photography Style
I’ve gone through many iterations of styles over the years, but in the past couple of years I’ve learned to love that light and airy look along with both a joyful and romantic feel. It feels so bright and cheerful and that suits my personality, so I’ve poured a lot of money into education and learning this style of photography. The photographers that really inspire me are Katelyn James and Amy & Jordan.
40 random things about me
- Do you like blue cheese? Yes
- Coke or Pepsi? Coke! Coke! Coke! I think Pepsi tastes like dirt.
- Do you own a gun? No, and I’m not likely to, although never say never.
- What flavor of Kool-Aid? My mom always taught me not to “drink the kool-aid”
- Hot dogs? Depends on my mood, but ya. Huka Dogs from Kauai are THE BEST!
- Favorite tv show? Arrested Development.
- Do you believe in ghosts? Ya
- What do you drink in the morning? I try to drink water, but sometimes some Coke will slip in there.
- Can you do a push-up? Amazingly, yes.
- Favorite piece of jewelry? Earrings
- Favorite hobby? Photography (that was easy)
- Do you have ADD? Squirrel! (that means, I’m pretty sure I do)
- Do you wear glasses? No, but I’ll probably need reading glasses soon.
- Favorite cartoon Character? Homer Simpson
- Do you like to read? I love it, although it’s hard finding the time. I usually listen to audio books.
- Two things you drink regularly? Water, Coke
- Current worry? Keeping up
- Do you believe in magic? Yes and no
- Favorite place to be? Anywhere with my family
- How did you ring in the new year? At a latin dance club dancing the bachata. Soooooo fun!
- Where would you like to go? All over Europe
- Favorite pet name? I’ve only had one pet in my life: a cat. named Benjamin Franklin. I guess I have to say that was my favorite since it was the only one.
- Favorite movie? I would like to rephrase this to “A favorite movie.” I would have to say Best in Show. I love smart comedy.
- Favorite color? aqua
- Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? They start nice, but then get annoying, so no.
- Can you whistle? Yep
- Are you religious? Yes! I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Ask me anything about it, but I won’t be pushy because I hate that.
- Where would you rather be right now? Somewhere at a beach with my hubby and kids
- Favorite food? Oooohh, this is hard. Um…let’s go with steak.
- Least fav thing to do? Dishes! My husband will vouch for me.
- Best job you can think of? Low-pressure wedding photographer (that’s a thing, right?)
- What’s in your pockets? I don’t have pockets right now
- Last thing that made you laugh? Jim Gaffigan
- Favorite animal? I have four little monkeys running around my house and that’s good for me.
- What’s your most recent injury? The knuckle on my index finger that I for some reason keep hitting on things before it can heal.
- How many TV’s are in your house? One, although we have many devices.
- Worst pain ever? Having my water broken when I was having my first baby.
- Do You Like To dance? Yasss!!!!!
- Are your parents still alive? Yes, thankfully!
- Do you enjoy camping? Yes, but I don’t enjoy the preparation.